All members of the Association for Enterprise Growth (AEG) pledge in writing to abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics, adherence to which signifies voluntary assumption of self-discipline. As an organization committed to high standards of technical competence, collaboration and professional conduct, AEG requires adherence to this Code of Ethics as a condition of membership. The standards of conduct set forth in this Code provide basic principles in the ethical practice of professional advisory services but do not absolve any member of adherence to ethical or conduct standards of other professional associations to which they belong or those of their clients.
The purpose of this Code is to help AEG members maintain professionalism and adhere to high ethical standards in the conduct of providing professional advisory services to clients and in their dealings with colleagues and the public. The individual judgment of members is required to apply these principles. Members are liable to disciplinary action under the Protocol for Enforcement of the AEG Code of Ethics if their conduct is found by AEG to be in violation of the Code.
This AEG Code of Ethics is adapted from the Code of Ethics of the Institute of Management Consultants USA, the professional association and certifying body for US management consultants.
My Commitment to My Clients
- I will serve my clients with integrity, competence, independence, objectivity, and professionalism.
- I will mutually establish with my clients realistic expectations of the benefits and results of my services.
- I will only accept assignments for which I possess the requisite experience and competence to perform and will only assign staff or engage colleagues with the knowledge and expertise needed to serve my clients effectively.
- Before accepting any engagement, I will ensure that I have worked with my clients to establish a mutual understanding of the objectives, scope, work plan, and fee arrangements.
- I will treat appropriately all confidential client information that is not public knowledge, take reasonable steps to prevent it from access by unauthorized people, and will not take advantage of proprietary or privileged information, either for use by myself, the client’s firm, or another client, without the client’s permission.
- I will avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance of such and will immediately disclose to the client circumstances or interests that I believe may influence my judgment or objectivity.
- I will offer to withdraw from a consulting assignment when I believe my objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
My Commitment to Fiscal Integrity
- I will agree in advance with a client on the basis for fees and expenses and will charge fees that are reasonable and commensurate with the services delivered and the responsibility accepted.
- I will not accept commissions, remuneration, or other benefits from a third party in connection with the recommendations to a client without that client’s prior knowledge and consent, and I will disclose in advance any financial interests in goods or services that form part of such recommendations.
My Commitment to the Public and the Profession
- If within the scope of my engagement, I will report to appropriate authorities within or external to the client organization any occurrences of malfeasance, dangerous behavior, or illegal activities.
- I will respect the rights of consulting colleagues and consulting firms and will not use their proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
- I will not advertise my services in a deceptive manner nor misrepresent or denigrate individual professional advisors, firms, or their professions.
- I will report to AEG if I perceive a violation of the Code, and will promote adherence to the Code by other advisors, whether members of AEG or not, working on my behalf.
Report a Suspected Violation of the AEG Code of Ethics
AEG takes seriously the integrity of our organization, our advisory processes and the conduct of our Advisors. If you suspect that anyone affiliated with AEG has violated the provisions of the above Code of Ethics, please notify us by email.
All inquiries are confidential and follow established protocols to protect the complainant and the defendant until such time as culpability has been established.
Download the AEG Code of Ethics and Member signature form.